We are taking our Thanksgiving show on the road and spending it with Miss Herbivore in Portland!
I found a VRBO in the Hawthorne District with a full kitchen. I am making a plan and a list of the groceries I will need to take and what I can make at home ahead of time.
I am super excited to see our little Herbivore and to stay in a different area in Portland. We’ve always stayed right in downtown near the PSU campus.
I’ve never been a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving meal so our family is used to not having turkey and all the trimmings that go with it. Here is an outline of my plan for Thanksgiving in Portland!
Appetizers and Snacks
- Simple-Veganista’s Simple White Bean Hummus – prepare at home and take
- Fresh veggies and fruit – prep at home and take
- Pita chips – will purchase and take with – we like the 365 brand at Whole Foods
- Minimalist Bakers – Thyme & White Bean Pot Pie – I will make the pie-crusts at home and take the pan and other ingredients with me. This is the recipe I use for my crusts it works perfect for me with vegan butter and regular butter.
- Hot for Food’s Mac and Cheese – I use this recipe as my base for mac and cheese. I sub out the tomato paste with more miso – will make at home and take with.
- Roasted potatoes – Bring potatoes and other veggies to roast
- A Virtual Vegan’s Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprout Salad – will bring ingredients and prepare there
- Bob’s Red Mill biscuit recipe – Pre-measuring dry ingredients and bringing with. I will make the day we want to eat and sub in Earth Balance butter and soy milk.
- It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken’s – Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie – Make and home and take
Bonus Main Dish
I am making Forks Over Knives Butternut Squash Lasagna Roll-ups for a Friendsgiving Potluck this Saturday.
We will also go out check out what our neighborhood has to offer for eating, shopping and doing!