Wow! Talking with a friend today I realized how much 2020 blurred into 2021 making it feel like one, drawn-out weirdness of a year.
Realizing just how much time has zoomed by I wanted to look back. Was it a good year? There were plenty of low-lights but I’m focusing on the highs. One of the things that totally happened last year is that we adopted a new dog. After losing both of our dogs within a 6-month span it took some time before I could consider adding a dog back into our life.
In November we rescued this girl. Lilli is from a kill shelter in South Texas. We didn’t know the full scope of her needs until several weeks after we adopted her. First, we discovered she was pregnant along with having an infection and being malnourished. Once we got her healthy we realized that she wasn’t ignoring us – Lilli is deaf! We are all learning sign language and Lilli is doing GREAT!
Other highlights from my year:
- Snowshoeing Trip to Sun Valley
- Trip with friends to Walla Walla, WA
- I got to travel to VA and celebrate my mom’s 91st birthday
- My lovely niece spent over a month with us
- My friend I met in 5th grade came to visit!
- Family trip to Colorado to see family
- The Keck sisters went to Florida and all 3 returned
- Our daughter got to go back to college to finish her senior year in person
- Mr. Fantastic and I went to the Oregon Coast for the first time
- Family trip in Dec to VA for a holiday visit
- Extra time spent with our daughter
- All the hikes and outdoor time!
- Happy hours with friends
- Teaching yoga
I’m one lucky and grateful human! ❤️💙🧡💚💜🤍❤️
I don’t do resolutions at the beginning of the year. But, after this realization and being off my routine during the holidays I am setting goals for myself to get back into balance and be present to make the most of every moment in this day, month and year!