I don’t know about you but I know what I want to eat but my enthusiasm for shopping, planning and cooking the healthy, whole-food, deliciousness I crave has been lacking this summer.
Don’t get me wrong I’m still cooking and eating mostly healthy and at home because let’s face it once you start cooking and making amazing food at home your standards for what you can get out are raised exponentially.
Lunch and dinner have been throwing me lately. However, I thought I’d share a few stand-out recipes from the resources I find my good eats from (in case you need some inspiration too).
The following have been the hits of the summer so far:
- Check out thissavoryvegan.com her recipes are pretty straight forward and flexible and the ones I’ve tried have not disappointed. Favorites so far include:
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad (I roasted my own pepper, forgot to add the chickpeas and didn’t use the cheese (vegan or otherwise and we didn’t miss either thing but I imagine those 2 ingredients would add to it)!
- Crispy Lentil & Mushroom Tacos – made these for company and they were a HUGE hit!
- Roasted Cauliflower with Red Curry Rice – a tasty way to mix up the flavor on roasted veggies
- LOTS of fresh, local produce! Some nights we just have local corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini/squash and whatever leftovers are in the fridge that need to be eaten.
- Roasted veggies and quinoa (or millet) are my hands-down favorite breakfast and are almost always in my fridge ready for a breakfast bowl or any meal.
- This poke bowl recipe is easy and adaptable. I use tofu instead of the smoked salmon and Trader Joe’s sells these AH-mazing crispy jalapeños that I use instead of the everything bagel seasoning.
- Breakfast for dinner has made a comeback in my rotation this summer! Included for us vegans in the house is Beyond Meat Sausage (I buy when I find it on sale) and Just Egg – I found a Just Egg copycat recipe that I am wanting to try because I’m not a fan of the plastic bottle.
On the menu this week:
- Red Curry Green Beans – Made these last night with the green beans from the farmers market to create this “fake-out” recipe. I added tofu and basmati rice to complete. My favorite red curry paste is Thai Home from Portland, OR and can be purchased locally in Boise at Roots Zero Waste Market.
- Summer Roll Rice Noodle Salad
- Vegan tzatziki sauce to go with falafel
- 1 Bowl Vegan Zucchini Bread, I know this isn’t a meal but I have extra zucchini 🤣
Happy eating and please feel free to share your favorites and any inspiration you have in the comments!!
Stay well beautiful friends 💙