During my yoga practice this morning I reminded myself that I am in control. I am the only one who controls how I react to the uncertainty facing each of us.
Yes, my day to day life has changed but I am in control of how I handle these changes and differences. I have choices, we all do. It’s a simple has deciding to handle what’s in front of me. Focus on the here and now -because that’s all I have. Worrying about how things are going to turn out is a waste of my energy. Energy I can use productively in this moment. I am finding this leads to me staying present and calm.
Keeping my perspective in the here and now is helpful too. I’ve slowed down; taking the time to understand the news that I am reading and watching. Understanding why and how to do my part to ensure my family, friends and community is healthy and safe. It’s a time to take a deep, calming breath and look at this as an opportunity.
I am taking back my power by:
- Slowing down and being mindful
- Being kind
- Consuming news no more than twice a day – once in the morning and once in the evening
- Continuing to plan, shop and prepare plant-based meals on a weekly basis – just like before!
- Taking more time to be creative
- Reading more books
- Playing games
- Making a list of projects around the house that I have been putting off and work through that list